For my persona text, I decided to use the college essay I submitted for the University of Arizona in the fall of 2009. I chose this certain piece of text because I believe the story describes me and the identity I portray. It is obvious that when submitting an essay for admissions to college, you work your hardest and edit it over and over allowing those readers to get a good sense of who you are as a person. The essay I chose to submit to U of A was also the story I last posted. I hope you all got a better sense of who I am within my identity by reading my last post. Also, my Israel story is the perfect piece to analyze and publish because of how touching I felt both living it and posting it.
In Tapahonso, "A Sense of Myself", there are a variety of observations and inferences that relate to her choice of words, and the way she is presenting her identity. I chose this particular piece of text that we read in class because the main character is finding her identity through culture. For example, she writes in english to present her cultures to others. Also, she writes in narrative form which embodies the ideas in her language and text structure. Lastly, the theme of the music is important to her appeal to multiple cultures.
This piece is similar to what I chose to analyze. Culture is a huge part of my identity, and like the main character in "A Sense of Myself" she is continueing to find her identity through language, text, and culture. Israel was the perfect experience to find out a little but more about myself.
Enjoy,
Haylee
No comments:
Post a Comment